(Styling) tips for all skirts:
- Optically lengthen your legs? Wear your top tucked into the skirt. Wear your skirt higher at the waist to optically lengthen your legs. Create this effect with a dress by adding a belt higher or lower at the waist.
- Choose the right shoes: heels lengthen your legs, but shoes with ankle straps shorten your legs, because they optically divide your legs into two sections.
- Create a longer body length? Choose skirts with a vertical print.
- Create a skirt look with a dress? Wear your dress underneath a chunky knit or oversized sweater – combine endlessly.
- Hide your belly? Camouflage your tummy by wearing a loose-fit top or sweater over your skirt instead of tucked-in. Avoid pleated skirts, because they create a voluminous silhouette at the belly and hips. Also, don’t wear a wide belt at belly height.
- Slimming effect? Skirts with a diagonal hemline or layered frills optically create a flattering and slimming look.
- Balance your look? Create a contemporary look by adding contrast to your look. Pair a pencil skirt with a loose-fit or boxy top and wear a voluminous skirt with a fitted top.
Do you have questions or in need of style advice? Ask our Editors!