3. Refresh in between wearing
Letting your denim air on a regular basis, is an ideal way to postpone washing. But that’s not the only way; think of refreshing using a steamer, a refresh spray or the well-known trick where you leave your jeans (packed in a plastic bag) in the freezer for a night. The extreme cold kills the bacteria that spread unpleasant odors.
4. Clean your denim in the bathtub
There is a way to wash your denim without the machine. How about an old-fashioned handwash? Preferably wash in the bathtub because denim stays in shape better when it doesn’t get too cramped.
• Fill the tub with 10 cm of lukewarm water
• Add a small amount of detergent – for example, Denim Detergent from the Laundress
• Turn your denim item inside out and lay down flat in the tub. Weigh down with something heavy so the entire item is submerged.
• Leave to soak for 45 minutes and rinse well using cold water to remove all soap residue
• Leave to air dry – preferably outside. Turn the right way out after it’s dried.